23 September, 2009

Embroidery finish!

Finished the Loobylu embroidery today, it went pretty well

Loobylu embroidery

I did most of it in split stitch and a little in stem stitch. I think given the size of it (6cm high), especially the eyes where I used the stem stitch, that I should have stuck with split stitch. The stem stitch has pulled in a little tight on the left-hand eye, which gives it a bit of a Clockwork Orange air. Oh yeah, I like to keep my embroidery edgy man.

Loobylu embroidery closeup

I'm really pleased with it though, and I can't wait to do it bigger!



Related Posts with Thumbnails