12 December, 2009

What I'm up to at the moment


2+2 blouse, originally uploaded by Ansis68.

Amongst the many projects I have on the go at the moment is this Oliver + S blouse from the 2+2 pattern. I bought the Lecien 'My Foklore' fabric a fair while ago for this exact purpose and I can honestly say I think it's one of my favourite fabrics ever. The photos don't do it justice, but the little pops of red are just sublime in their perfect redness.

Mat said "that's too nice to give to Hazel!" and of course what he meant was that she may very well refuse to wear it and I think that would break my heart (again). But what else was I supposed to do with it? It needs to be worn by a little girl in some shape or form, and if I didn't make the size 4 now I wouldn't have had enough fabric to make the next size up. It was close as it was! I had initially thought that I'd put it in her stocking as I'm confident that she would wear it if she thought it was from Santa. But I'm not sure if I can bear her not knowing that I made it. It's totally an ego thing I know! I'm still really undecided about this - any advice would be welcome.

All the potential angst aside, just look at that fabric, the gathering, the sweet little ties at the neck. I might have some quibbles with the technical aspects of Oliver + S pattern construction at times, but you can't deny they make the cutest kids clothing patterns around!

4 comments:

  1. just delightful, I adore that fabric. so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough call, Santa v. Mommy... maybe you could say Santa helped you make it, or vice-versa?
    Or that Santa brought the fabric for you to make it? Best of luck, it must be heart-wrenching to have her refuse to wear things you spend so much time on. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks soooo cute!! I want to make one for my daughters. Just tell her you bought it at a store, it works for my 3.5 yr old at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh for sure, tell her you made it...otherwise, months from now, you'll forget and tell somebody else that you made it and she will hear and start to wonder! It looks really adorable...tell us how the Oliver + S patterns are. I'm relieved that my daughter will wear what I make at the moment...possibly a brief moment in time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails