30 October, 2014

Steam pug helmet

Things are going well, the only things I still have to do are waistcoat buttonholes and buttons and a tail on the pug costume. And do a makeup trial run as I'm going to attempt fancy eyeshadow which may prove to be outside my core area of competence! But that's what YouTube tutorials are for right? Well that and crafty things.

Here is Hazel's Steam Pug helmet, based on Doggleheim's iconic poster (available here and yes you need one)


Now we're going to have our own version sporting goggles AND a helmet. How flash. The colour has gone a bit weird, the helmet is a much richer brown in RL. 



I stupidly put everything on the helmet before I tried the goggles on top but luckily they just fit around all the tubes and ears. Phew! I've made SO many mistakes over the last few weeks I'm glad that wasn't yet another or I might have cried. 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I especially love the little fluid tube - quite borg-like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so fabulous! You must let us know how it all looks together (and if motat is good!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I made my girls' costumes this year, and had to resew many things! I can't wait to see it when it is finished. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cripes Jacqui - you are amazing!! this looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails