28 July, 2011
Finally finished up my It's a Plus cushion cover, the front has been languishing while I tried to find the time to do the back. The quilting was simple but time-consuming because the plusses were so small, I went around the inside of them and around the inside edges of the negative linen spaces. The original pattern in 'I Love Patchwork' had a length of ribbon sewn in so I did the same with some I'd recently bought at the Daiso shop on Queen Street. I don't think it's the best quality as it's frayed a bit, but then why I thought it would be for $3/m I don't know! I made sure I photographed the good end so you can all admire how well the piecing was going before it suddenly wasn't.
I love the back very, very much! I got the idea from seeing the back of the front quilting, and it turned out really well. I replicated the pattern grid by drawing it on the fabric with water-soluble pens and then marked out the pattern again by cross-hatching the appropriate squares.
I quilted the same way I did the front. It's really hard to get a decent picture of it because it's so subtle, but I particularly enjoy the puzzle-like look it has and the small intersections between the plusses. They remind me of roads.