22 October, 2010

Playing with the photos

Just recently I've been playing a bit on Photoshop with badly exposed photos where the foreground is darker than background.  It's really quite handy! I found this great tutorial on Pioneer Woman Photography that tells you how to do it - what do you think? The trickiest part is painting in the lighter area along the edges but I've discovered if you choose a very soft brush it works pretty well.

Before
IMG_7531


After
Ceramics 2


Before
IMG_7528


After
ceramics


I bought these little sauce boats last weekend at Studio Ceramics, any guesses what they are in the shape of? Mat had no idea you see and I thought it was blindingly obvious so I'm curious what others think!

3 comments:

  1. Yup, Tuis. Obviously the black one is more 'true to life' but I really love
    the white's simplicity. Thank you for the photography compliment :) -
    although I don't think I'd make the claims for the 'before' shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are - an NZ native bird called a Tui. They have the most beautiful
    call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have CS2! So even the older versions work well and you can use the
    tutorials for the newer versions without too much problem. I'm thinking of
    "upgrading" to CS3 or maybe even 4 if I could find one. But if you only want
    it for photos (I use it for all sorts of other things - like the CFM button
    above- then you could get Elements which I think is much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails