05 August, 2012

Birthday party invitation

Man, it's that time of year again and I'll have a seven year old on my hands in the next little while. I'm still getting my head around that! We got the idea for her party invitations from the Travel Issue of Lotta Magazine, and I think they turned out really well (once I got my technique down-pat!). If you don't know Lotta Magazine you should, especially if you have kids! It's an ad-free kids' activity magazine out of Australia and I love it.

Untitled

Basically it's just an A4 piece of card folded in half with plastic over a window and behind that is an image. You fill up the space with glitter and confetti and then glue it all down and it's a snow globe!

Untitled

It's actually a bit trickier than they made it sound, and instead of gluing around the window, I used double-sided sticky tape. The glue wouldn't stick to the plastic and tape and so all the glitter fell into the space around the hole instead of staying inside the dome. The tape worked really well, although it was a bit labour-intensive.  The other issue is gluing all the stuff down without getting glue on top of the image, as you can see by the glitter clustered around the candles, I didn't quite manage it with the tiny pieces!

1 comment:

  1. Knitty Gritty HomesteadAugust 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

    Oh my goodness! I hope you only invited one friend...haha! How many of these invitations did you make? They're outrageously beautiful! One year, I hand-painted pirate maps for my son's sixth bday...this year, I think I sent an email (early throes of fourth pregnancy)...I hope all Hazel's little friends are delighted with your work! They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails