23 February, 2009

More Kirsten Doran goodness

Posting about that Kirsten Doran sling bag pattern below reminded me that I had some other photos to post of her fabric! I made a messenger bag for my friend Shelly last year and forgot to take photos of it before I handed it over. I eventually threatened her enough that she took photos of it for me - on her iPhone, probably just to remind me that I'm about the only person in the world who doesn't have one yet :( As well as being fellow LOTR geeks, Shelly and I share a love of Mac laptops :)

I made it out of Doran's Botanicals print and plain brown canvas. After I'd started I managed to get some blank stone canvas from her to match the print but too late for this bag!
























The bag has lots of pockets front, side and back and came from this tutorial with a few modifications. I made the front flap too long, although Shelly kindly denies it. I've got another panel of this fabric to make a bag for me so I rather think that I'll be making the sling with it!

1 comment:

  1. Man, those pictures aren't very good, are they. The bag is though. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails