I got the January block done the day before the February one came out, so technically I'm keeping up!
I enjoyed doing this one, although I put the left-hand strips in upside down so ended up with a larger piece of grey in the top left corner instead a triangle of the blue dot - took me ages to figure out what I'd done wrong! I had to shift the position of the two last strips quite drastically to get things to work out - I consistently seem to have this problem with these blocks and I'm really not sure if it's me or the pattern. This time it was to such a degree that I have no idea what happened. One thing that I'm becoming increasingly unhappy about with this BOM is the wastage of fabric. I cut a huge amount off the edges of this block, and that's fabric that possibly won't get used up in anything else. As someone at the AMQG meeting last night pointed out when I complained about this, when fabric is just a few dollars a yard in the States perhaps wastage doesn't matter but damn, it's not that cheap here! I'm also becoming increasingly unsure as to whether these will make even a vaguely decent-looking quilt when they're all put together. Oh well, it's an interesting process and I'm learning all sorts of things! I think that if I ever do another one though, I'll pick something that has been designed to make a single quilt, rather than a random assortment of different styles.