04 February, 2012

The handwriting meme

handwriting meme


I saw this over at Meet Me At Mike's and of course it was super-cool so I had to join in!

The questions I'm answering are these:
1. What is your name
2. Blog URL
3. Write: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
4. Favorite quote
5. Favorite song (at the moment)
6. Favorite band/singers (at the moment)
7. Say anything you want
8. Tag 3-5 bloggers

I'd love to see your handwriting if you would like to do it - it's something we all miss in this digital age I think! My handwriting has become a lot messier than it used to be, partly through dis-use but also because it's only me reading these days! At some point I switched from cursive (all my Uni notes were written in it) to some sort of hybrid printing/cursive thing - prinsive? I read somewhere that some schools are discontinuing teaching cursive but I think that would be a massive shame to be honest - how are kids going to develop a decent signature for one?

Stay tuned for something interesting on Tuesday - the first day back at school for Hazel and the first day of freedom loneliness for me. Ahem.

7 comments:

  1. Whenever I see someone who has nice writing I immediately think they are primary school teachers! Nice handwriting might be a bit of a dying art.
    PS I totally concur - Like Water is the bestest song ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha to Megan's comment (I teach kindergarten). My sister has beautiful handwriting but isn't a teacher. I love seeing beautiful handwriting! Maybe I'll take part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree about needing neat printing if you're a primary teacher! I help out in my daughter's class one morning a week and I get very self-conscious about my printing and try very hard to do it 'properly' - and the kids aren't shy about telling you your letters look funny! Doesn't help that I learned to print in Canada a looooong time ago, and I think styles have changed since then so my letters are probably old-fashioned or something, just like my mum's and grandmother's handwriting looks different to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people just have great handwriting I think, no matter the profession!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learnt the fancy french cursive at School then switched
    To script later. Thus I blend them both And the kids don t
    Know how to read it... My daughter (6 1/2) says That i have
    To stop writing with my fancy handwriting;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep having trouble leaving you comments - I want to, I'm (slightly, sometimes) here! My stupid internet!!!! x 12 billion x google. (did you know google was a number, well, my kids think so!).

    Can't wait to get your hand writing in real when I get my act together to get the letter project rolling.

    chat ya'

    ReplyDelete
  7. A google being a number sounds right somehow - or if it isn't it should be!
    I'm sorry you can't comment, I never know why some people have trouble and others not.
    I'm going to start practicing my writing now I think :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails