24 October, 2011

SMS MBOM October

SMS MBOM October

An interesting block to do because it's skewed when you cut it down, but as the pattern indicates, rather wasteful of background fabric. It was doubly wasteful when I discovered that I seem to have sewn my seams just under 1/4" so the big block of white was too small and I had to recut a longer one. Even then it's not perfect because the bottom left corner of the dark grey fabric is cut off. I'm just surprised I was that much off with my seams, but it's a new 1/4" foot and perhaps I've not adjusted it properly. Anyways, it 90% worked and with any luck the bit I had to replace will be used up in a future block; and once it's sewn into something the corner would have looked cut-off anyways.

Here they all are (so far) together - they're starting to look like something!

SMS MBOM blocks

1 comment:

  1. However, in the case of manufacturing companies, many of them operate everyday with only partial instrumentation to guide them, and they think everything is fine, when in fact it is not.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails