07 November, 2011

What I've been doing

Cushion back

You may have noticed that it's been a bit quiet around here. No, this is not because I've got a book deal, or because I'm pregnant or any of the usual bloggy reasons :) Just real life, window painting, visiting parents, school holidays, Instagram and my AMQG challenge. This challenge has gotten me all secretive and shifty-eyed, skulking the internets looking for inspiration while not letting on to my fellow members what I'm up to and most definitely not blogging about anything. I know this is wrong so I'm here to at least post a photo of the back of it. What? You thought I'd post the front and give it all away? You'll have to wait until the 1st December for that big reveal. The challenge is to produce a cushion using the green fabric and I'm quite pleased with my colour choices here, and even more so with the fact there is an invisible zip running up the side of those blocks. I've got another pillow in the works at the moment, in natural linen, so there may be another sneak peak to come.

Once that's done I'm onto the kitchen windows so posting may be sporadic for the next little while. I do hope you stick around though!

There's always Instagram photos though...

Instagram October and November small

8 comments:

  1. Oh, please, would you blog about window (and other domestic surface) painting? We've been in our house 5 years with all white walls, and oddly I'm still utterly intimidated by the thought of painting. Which paint? Which color? All the same or different colors for different walls? And what happens when a wall is shared by two rooms? If I paint the kitchen sage green and the dining room a dark teal, what do I do with the wall that is common to both rooms? How do I make sure the paint doesn't bleed around corners? Should I paint the ceilings or leave them "milk"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back. I've missed you're posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could do that - though I'm by no means an expert! But I have the opposite problem to you - we're scared to paint things white :) I'll think about it though - if you really do want to know that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah how lovely to see you back in my reader.
    your pillow is looking fantastic - 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the big reveal - you're just teasing with that photo!

    The instagram pics are all gorgeous. I confess I know nothing about instagram, but like looking at the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pleased with it but oddly I'm more looking forward to seeing what everyone else has done! It's going to be super-interesting. Oh, I can't make the next meeting unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I know - sorry! I hate it when other people do it but it's necessary!
    Instagram is sort of like a combination of Twitter and Facebook but in photos. It's iPhone only at the moment though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails