11 May, 2010

Bo Peep Skirt

Or 'Day 1' show and tell :)  Hazel was so pleased with it that she was determined to accessorise which she hardly ever does, so she included the head band and necklace. And the goofy expressions. "No, not a smile like that, just a normal smile" I pleaded.  She did try.  I love how the little ruffles peek out at the sides.

Bo Peep Skirt


Here she is doing her best curtsey princess-style

Bo Peep Skirt


And her patented shake-yer-booty "bum dance", which this skirt does lend itself to!

Bo Peep Skirt


I'm surprised how much I like this skirt because it's really not my style at all.  I was apprensive choosing the fabrics, and had to constantly fight my tendency to tone it down in some way. I totally splashed out with the purple trim, so not me! :))  But seeing it on her, and seeing how much she loves it really brings home to me that I'm sewing for HER, not me. I need to suck it up sometimes and try and make something we can both enjoy, even if it means I'm out of my comfort zone sometimes.

15 comments:

  1. Visiting from the Elsie Marley Flickr page. The skirt looks amazing! My 6 year old would love it too! I love your blog so will definately be back for a visit when I haven't got so much sewing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so so beautiful. What a lovely little photo shoot.

    And it must be lovely for you, having her so happily posing and accessorising. It's always so good after hard work (and cost of fabric) for the little ones (okay - girls... the boys pretty much happily wear whatever) to be really happy. And not whinge that it didn't have enough pink or frills, or that it's too itchy or something.
    Yah - to success on day 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW !!! You're making me wish I had a girl to make a skirt like that for. That is BEAUTIFUL (both the skirt and the gorgeous daughter!). You've done a great job, the colours are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when did you change your banner? i am LOVING IT!!! so freakin brilliant. oh yeah, and i love that gorgeous skirt too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is ace. Totally marvellous.
    ... and what a great reminder about individual styles.
    Your daughter looks gorgeous in her fabulous new skirt. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute jacqui! really adorable on her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet skirt.

    I have a weekly Thursday blog party especially for people to share things they've made to be worn. Stop by if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Divine skirt on a gorgeous little model.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the invite! I missed this Thursday past but I'll keep an eye out
    for the next one, it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the lovely compliments! I know what you mean about the sewing
    though, an hour just isn't cutting it at the moment :) Perhaps the
    determination and excitement will wear off by the end of the week. Really
    enjoying seeing what everyone's up to in the Flickr group too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes yes yes - so much nicer when they like what you do! I don't think
    anyone could argue there aren't enough frills on it, though there might be
    an argument for the lack of pink in places :P There's a VERY frilly and
    gorgeous skirt in the Flickr group but I'm not going to show her that one in
    case she gets frill dissatisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The header got changed a couple weeks ago, or maybe less, I forget! I never
    know when other people change either, I mostly read blogs on Reader :P But
    thank you, I quite like it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, I'm really enjoying her liking it and me liking it and general
    happiness all-round :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails