14 August, 2009

Fiddling with the technology

When I put up my bunny and mask tutorials I set up a group to host them at Google Groups but I haven't been very happy with them there so I've put them up at Scribd. I'm not 100% convinced that was the right choice but Google Groups is just so clunky to use for just hosting a few files, plus I have no idea how many people are downloading the tutorials or even just having a look. It also appears so utilitarian. I like my utilities pretty if at all possible. So hopefully Scribd will work just like Groups and no-one will be the wiser - except me who likes her stats!

After I publish this post I'm off to finish the ladybeetle skirt for Hazel to wear to Suzie's party tomorrow, and to finish Suzie's fairy wand. I've also made her a tulle skirt with a few petals trapped inside (pics tomorrow, too dark right now!) While I was poking and prodding the tulle in Spotlight yesterday a lady with a very pretty little girl in a cart came up to me and asked if I was Jacqui. It turned out to be Jo from Crazy Crafter, the neighbour of one of the mums in my group. I probably looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights when she asked me as I desperately racked my brains as to where we might have met in the past and how insulted she was going to be if I admitted I couldn't remember. Luckily it wasn't the case! Sorry if I did seem a little distracted Jo, I was just a little overwhelmed at being recognised! Mat's appalled I have photos of myself on my blog, I don't know if he's envisaging insane blog stalkers or what. :D

Ok, back to crafting and catching up on 'This Way Up' podcasts from last weekend. I want to find out if onion weed really IS edible. I have my doubts.

1 comment:

  1. hehe funny. I don't think anyone else would know it was you. I only did because of living in the same area etc plus I'm pretty good with faces. When I first saw you, you looked familiar but I couldn't figure out where from. I just put two and two together (you being in Spotty) and hoped that it was you. I would have felt like a right dork if it wasn't. Nice to meet you anyway, now we can stalk each others blogs to see what we've been up too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails