03 December, 2014

Scrappy colour

I'm at the start of a project for Christmas and have been a bit worried about my colour choices. I had started out with all reds and then had a sudden change of heart and went with oranges and pinks. Doing that always stresses me out because I start second-guessing myself; but as I was clipping corners off I looked down at my pile of scraps and realised that I think they look great together! I've got quite aways to go on this as there's nothing like adding patchwork to a simple object to make it an inordinate time suck, but at least I can relax with my colours.


Colourful scraps

2 comments:

  1. Mariko (instacam4mariko)December 17, 2014 at 7:55 AM

    What is this "time suck" of which you speak? I don't think crafty folks are familiar with this concept : ) If a project lasts longer, that just makes it better, right (as long as the steps aren't frustrating--that's a whole different story)... I recently discovered your blog, and am having such fun following your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's true that it's a time suck but since I'm sort of after something to occupy my mind and keep hands busy it's usually a good thing - plus you get something nice out the other end. But sometimes I get impatient and say rash things like that :) Thank you for the kind words on my blog posts, it's really nice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails