23 July, 2012
I finally got the dandelion cross stitch done and I'm really pleased with it, it pairs up with the plantain very nicely! They're both Gerda Bengtsson patterns. If I had some more of that linen I'd do another one to make a trio, but unless a scrap turns up they will stay a pair. I need to get some more of the Danish Flower Thread though, the DMC equivalents don't have their lovely muted colours - this embroidery is a mix of two. I think I might ask for a proper Haandarbejdets Fremme kit for Christmas, perhaps this one.
One of the reasons I'm so pleased to have it done is that I've been mentally planning on putting up the photos above my desk* in the spare room after they all came down when the room was plastered and painted, and I wanted the two hoops up there. I tried to use those 3M adhesive strips to put up the frames but they wouldn't stick to the walls so I just banged in nails and it all went up pretty quickly. I'm planning on printing off a few more of my favourite Instagram photos and then trying to keep a bit current by swapping older ones out. Or I might just expand on to the other wall I don't know!
*And trust me, the desk is not normally this tidy - far from it!